Whatever you’d like to call it — networking social, meetup, tweetup, happy hour — the Capital Science Communicators will be getting together once again, on September 19th in Davis!
Capital Science Communicators
Thursday, September 19, 2013
5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
de Vere’s Irish Pub
217 E Street, Davis, CA 95616
$5 Donation Suggested
(Proceeds go towards this and future CapSciComm activities)
As always, our events are open to professionals and students from all aspects of science communication — including journalism, public affairs, research, education, photography, illustration, filmmaking, information science and more.
- Past issues of Science Writers will be available, and one topic of conversation will be the upcoming annual conference of the National Association of Science Writers (NASW) in Florida.
- We might have a special guest, Dr. Firoz Ahmed, a tiger ecologist and conservation communicator. Check out this news article by CapSciComm member/co-founder Becky Oskin on Ahmed’s research.
- We’ve also been asked to brainstorm potential ideas for scientist/communicator events as part of the 2014 Annual Meeting of the Ecological Society of America (#ESA2014), which will be at the Sacramento Convention Center. Ben Landis will start the conversation.
Who’s coming to the @CapSciComm social on the 19th? Take a look:
- Anita Brown (public affairs director, USDA NRCS California)
- Brenda Dawson (communicator, UC Davis Horticulture CRSP)
- Brad Hooker (science writer, UC Davis)
- Ben Young Landis (science communicator, USGS Western Ecological Research Center)
- Robin Meadows (freelance science writer)
Questions about the event? Want to join our listserv? Email us at capscicomm at gmail dot com.
Check out these photos from our past CapSciComm networking socials. Share the announcement with friends and colleagues, and join us as we continue to grow our community. See you on September 19th!
— CapSciComm Admin