CapSciComm friends — it’s time to grab a drink and meet up:
Capital Science Communicators
Thursday, June 20, 2013
5 p.m. to 7 p.m.
1501 14th Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
Suggested $5 donation at door
Announcing our first-ever happy hour social! Come out to catch up with old friends, put faces to names, and meet fellow science communicators from Sacramento, Davis and beyond.
The event is open to professionals and students from all aspects of science communication — including journalism, public affairs, research, K-12 education, arts and design, and library science .
We hope to kick this off as the first of many future monthly events. See you on the 20th!
Click here to RSVP, so we can better plan the event.
Questions about the event or the mailing list? Email us at capscicomm at gmail dot com.
Who’s coming to the #CapSciComm social on the 20th? Here’s a peek:
- Jonathan Eisen (professor and research blogger, UC Davis)
- Terri Clark (librarian, Sacramento City College)
- Brenda Dawson (communications coordinator, UC Davis Horticulture CRSP)
- Wendy Hopkins (regional communications manager, Ducks Unlimited)
- Ben Young Landis (science communicator, U.S. Geological Survey – Western Ecological Research Center)
- Robin Meadows (freelance science writer)
- Sarah Perrault (professor of rhetoric and writing, UC Davis)
- Justin Pressfield (western states chief of communications, U.S. Geological Survey)
- Mary Ann Robinson (librarian, Sacramento City College)
- Malaika Singleton (consultant, California State Senate Office of Research)
- Sarah Swenty (external affairs officer, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service – Sacramento Field Office)
- Katharina Ullmann (graduate student, UC Davis Entomology)
- Karen Whitestone (biological sciences student, UC Davis)
- Sylvia Wright (senior director of communications, UC Davis transportation and energy research programs)
Want to carpool with people driving over from Davis? Use this Google Spreadsheet to volunteer a seat or take up a seat.
7 thoughts on “Capital Science Communicators Networking Social on June 20”
Have you thought about announcing CapSciComm and the June 20th social on the NASW lists (or maybe you already did and I missed it)?
We just sent a note to Pam today, so it should go out on the next digest an Science Writers. Thanks for the reminder, Robin! [Ben Young Landis]
Great — I’m looking forward to meeting you all!
Sorry to say I have to cancel — just got a quick turnaround assignment. Hope to make it to the next event!
You missed a fun night, Robin! Stay tuned for the details for the next meetup, rotating to Davis.
Looking forward to it — Davis is perfect for me because I live in Fairfield!