CapSciComm friends — it’s time for another meetup, this time rotating to Davis!
We had a wonderful night out in Sacramento in June at our first-ever meetup — everyone met a new colleague and learned something new! So let’s repeat the fun in good ol’ Davisville.
As always, our events are open to professionals and students from all aspects of science communication — including journalism, public affairs, research, education, photography, illustration, design, IT and library science .
We hope to sustain these professional networking socials as regular events. Help us grow our new community, and see you on July 18th!
Questions about the event or the mailing list? Email us at capscicomm at gmail dot com.
Want to carpool with people driving over from Sacramento? Use this Google Spreadsheet to volunteer a seat or take up a seat.
Who’s coming to the @CapSciComm social on the 18th? Here’s a peek:
- Melanie Bradnam (grant writer, UC Davis Cancer Center)
- Anita Brown (public affairs director, USDA NRCS California)
- Terri Clark (adjunct librarian, Sacramento City College)
- Jane de Lartigue (freelance science writer)
- Brenda Dawson (communications coordinator, UC Davis Horticulture CRSP)
- Arun Durvasula (student, UC Davis Biotechnology)
- Jonathan Eisen (professor and blogger, UC Davis Evolution and Ecology)
- Ian Evans (blogger)
- Rachel Graham (graduate student, UC Davis Entomology)
- Brad Hooker (science writer, UC Davis Plant Sciences)
- Pam Kan-Rice (PIO, UCANR)
- Ben Young Landis (science communicator, USGS Western Ecological Research Center)
- Robin Meadows (freelance science writer)
- Becky Oskin (writer, LiveScience.com)
- Marissa Palin (marketing coordinator, UCANR)
- Malaika Singleton (consultant, California Senate Office of Research)
- Sarah Swenty (external affairs officer, USFWS Sacramento Field Office)
- Lily Tanner (student, UC Davis American Studies)
- Karen Whitestone (student, UC Davis Biological Sciences)
- Sylvia Wright (senior director of communications, UC Davis transportation and energy research)
— CapSciComm Admin