Hey Science Peppers — it’s been a while! To bring everyone together for one more great meetup in 2015, we want to host a potluck picnic this November.
Capital Science Communicators Year-End Social
Sunday, November 22nd, 2015
12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Matchbook Wines Tasting Room
12300 County Road 92B, Zamora, California 95698
Free to attend
We invite you to join us for a picnic gathering at Matchbook Wines in Zamora—just a short drive north from Davis and Sacramento—on Sunday, November 22nd, from noon to 4:00 p.m.
Come meet new colleagues who have joined our region in 2015, and say hello to our inaugural CapSciComm Board of Officers, who will introduce themselves at the event and present our updated organizational mission and vision. Celebrate new friends, ideas, and connections, and share your ideas and wishlist for the CapSciComm network in 2016!
As always, CapSciComm events are open to any professional or student who has an interest in advancing science literacy in the Capital Region. Come meet colleagues who work everyday to explain complex scientific concepts and news to diverse audiences—from newsrooms to classrooms to the Legislature—and brainstorm how you can spice up science for California’s Capital Region!
Share the event on Facebook, and we’ll see you on November 22nd!
Here’s a glimpse of who’s coming:
- Brittany Anderton (Postdoctoral Fellow, UC Davis)
- Rachel Becker (Freelance Science Journalist)
- Candace Bever (Project Scientist, UC Davis Superfund Research Program)
- Chris Bowman (Communications Director, UC Davis Center for Watershed Sciences)
- Daniel Caddell (PhD Candidate, UC Davis)
- Debra Cooper (Policy Consultant, California State Senate)
- Annaliese Franz (Professor, UC Davis Department of Chemistry)
- Ciana Gallardo (Research Analyst, Little Hoover Commission)
- Don Gibson (PhD student, UC Davis)
- Andrea Graffis (Science Communicator, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service)
- Phil Graffis (Emergency Medical Provider)
- Nick Gray (Education Program Coordinator, World of Wonders Science Museum)
- Fred Greaves (Photographer, Fred Greaves Photography)
- Ben Young Landis (Freelance Writer/Communications Consultant)
- Nir Oksenberg (Postdoctoral Scholar, UC Davis)
- Becky Oskin (Science Communicator, UC Davis)
- Xochitl Rojas-Rocha (Science Communicator, USGS Western Ecological Research Center)
- Denise Tugade (Analyst, Cambria Solutions)
Here’s what people are bringing for the picnic: