CapSciComm Founder Ben Landis here. Y’all are doing such an amazing job to #StayHome and help #FlattenTheCurve for our local and global community — so let’s reward ourselves! After last week’s successful experiment, we’re thrilled to bring back another edition of “Trivia with the Bens” for our community! Open to all CapSciComm Members and non-members:
TRIVIA WITH THE BENS!
Presented by Capital Science Communicators
Tuesday, March 31st, 2020
Line opens 6:45 p.m. Pacific
Game start 7:00 p.m. Pacific
(Game ends roughly 9:15 p.m.)
Participate via conference phone line or Twitter
- Download the Trivia Answer Sheet here (print out or type directly in PDF!)
- Hear Trivia Questions via Audio Line: Dial (978) 990-5000 Code 508130
- Read Trivia Questions via Twitter: twitter.com/CapSciComm
Tuesday’s game will again be hosted by me, Ben Landis, alongside CapSciComm Member Ben Nicholson. We want these evenings to be fun little escapes from reality — so pour yourself an adult beverage or your favorite mocktail or fizzy water, and join us!
About our game: Our format is four rounds of eight questions each, and the questions will get a little more difficult with each round (our format is a fond tribute to the Fox & Goose pub quiz hosted by Kevin Ice for many years). And since this is a CapSciComm event, all the questions will have a STEM theme to them — but maybe in unexpected ways. For example, each round will have a question specifically related to our Sacramento or Northern California region.
This week’s additional theme: In honor of what would have been the MLB Opening Day, we’ll have a handful of questions related to baseball.
And our house rules:
- Teams: There’s no limit on how many people to a team. Whether you’re playing solo, or with your family or roommates, or even remotely with friends over text or chat, come up with your team name and get ready to play! (When tweeting a selfie with your team, be sure to use the hashtag #CapSciCommLive)
- Questions: Ben and Ben will be reading the questions out loud over the conference phone line, and we’ll also be posting each question on our CapSciComm Twitter page: twitter.com/CapSciComm
- Scoring: We’ll score answers after each round — to make things simple for this first outing, you guys are on your honor to score your own answer sheets.
- No Peeking! Finally, no checking your phone or the internet or your home bookshelf for answers while playing! This isn’t a Googling contest!
At the end of our quiz, we’ll open the line and see how folks scored across the possible points. For teams with their competitive fire going, we’ll ask you to tweet a photo of your completed answer sheets (tag #CapSciCommLive) — so we can verify top scores and recognize them via CapSciComm Twitter and Facebook.
Thank you all for continuing to keep our local community vibrant and united during these unprecedented times. Let’s stay strong and connected — and #KeepScienceSpicy together!
See you on Tuesday night!
Ben Young Landis
CapSciComm Founder and Executive Co-Chair
(Check out the winners and full thread from our March 24 Trivia Night!)